Sunday, June 15, 2014

Split Letter Vinyl Project

Hey everyone....I have a vinyl project to share today.  You probably know what that means--yes, I swore a bit.  Especially on this one, but I was so determined to make this one look perfect.  It's for my parents, who celebrated their 50th anniversary this past winter and are having a big party to celebrate it this weekend. 


I know some people cut these in reverse and somehow end up with the vinyl inside the frame, but I doubted I could do this without air bubbles...so I cheated a bit.  I cut a piece of clear overhead transparency film and adhered my vinyl to that, then put it under the frame.  There's muslin in the background.  Now...I messed this up three times, ruining my one and only sheet of brown vinyl.  I ended up buying some Cricut brand at my local Joann store so that I could finish the project on the day I had set aside for it.  Let me tell you....that vinyl is HORRIBLE.  I got it on here, but it was dreadful.  Avoid that stuff at all costs.

In the end, I'm glad I stuck with it because I really like how this turned out and I hope my parents do, too. 

1 comment:

Karon said...

This turned out wonderful and what a fabulous gift. You could also just cut this out in cardstock and place it on complimentary patterned paper, then put that in your frame. May just be a little more forgiving than that blooming vinyl :-) Have a great week.