Saturday, January 4, 2014

Weekend Chit Chat and a holiday thank you card...

Hi Everyone!  How are you?  All done "putting the holidays away"?  We sure are--and I haven't even come across that one decoration that I forgot about and still need to put away!  We've had a brutally cold winter (for us) and I for one...am done with winter.  I did make a new wreath for my door and will share that at some point with you.  Everyone needs a "January" wreath, right?!  I celebrated my New Year's Day making scrapbook pages.  I already shared one of them, and will be sharing the next one really soon.  I'm motivated to scrapbook right now, so you'll see a few more pages than usual on my blog.

We have a lovely older lady who lives next door to us.  She is always doing nice things for us and we try to take care of her the best we can.  If I make a meal that a single person would not think of making (a huge pot of soup for example), we always take some over to her.  We shovel her driveway and so forth.  But perhaps my favorite thing we do for her is include her in our Christmas.  She has family nearby, but they are of a faith that does not celebrate the holiday.  She does...so once we found that out, we decided she'd be a part of our holiday.  This year, we had her over a little later in the day and had appetizers and exchanged gifts.  She is the most thoughtful gift giver I have ever met.  She will hunt to the ends of the earth to find the perfect gift. This year, we all received some lovely things and most of them had a bike theme to them.  Of course I wanted to send her a special thank you card...so this is what I made for her:


I knew when I saw this mouse in the Silhouette Online Store that I would put him to good use.  But I cut him larger than I planed, so I made him into a five by five inch square card.

Other materials used:
Cardstock: Stampin Up Grey
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Tis The Season
Stamps: SP&Company
Other: Creative Memories Silver Pen

I hope you have a great day!



2 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

Aaaaw, your holiday mouse us adorable! love that fun hat and what a fun place to stamp the sentiment! Love it! I am sure your neighbor loved it! How sweet of you to include her and help her! I am SURE she appreciates it more than words! You are so thoughtful Sonya!
Have a great evening!
Sherrie K

Karon said...

Fabulous card and what as heart warming post! Love that you take care of your neighbour! Hugs, Karon.