Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Because we are experiencing freakishly cold temps....

I can't seem to stop stamping snowmen.  Or snowflakes.  

At least it's "seasonal" right?

There's been no school. Until today.  Parents everywhere are rejoicing.  Our kids went back from Christmas break last Thursday.  They went to school two days, then they've been home again.  Even the Christmas gifts are "old and boring" at this point.  Thank goodness they are headed back to school.  I adore my son, but he is bored.  Really, really bored.

Our bathroom pipes freeze in about 5 minutes if we don't meet the perfect balance of use vs. wind chill vs. drip vs. sunlight vs. standing on my head.  Yes, I'm serious.  It's a delicate balance.

So in between babying my bathroom plumbing and trying to entertain my son, I stamped.  Cold stuff.  Like snowflakes.  I hope you're ok with that!

Oh...and today is the first day I have fixed my hair or put on make up since Saturday.  The world just might stop on its axis because going that long without getting made up is unheard of for me.  I'm one who has to be "fixed up" to go anywhere (but the gym or on my bike...what's the point).  But we didn't leave the house.  Not for one single, solitary second.  It's too freakin' cold.

Can you tell I'm going stir crazy????   

Here's the card:


This card totally celebrates the "shop my stash" theme I've adopted for 2014.  The paper is OLD.  OLD. OLD...and I used up scraps that were in my big blue tub o' scraps!  The stamps are by PTI--Winter Friendship Jar Fillers.  The felt snowflake came from Big Lots ages ago when a friend told me about all the awesome stuff that BL had that day.  And the little snowflake brad came from Meijer.  Oh how I love that store....we're supposed to get one in 2014...but no sign of dirt moving yet.  I really, really want my Meijer.  And I want it to warm up.

Have a good day...send warm thoughts my way!

4 comments:

Leslie McGrath said...

Sonja your card is adorable! We have been in the deep freeze here as well! But it's a heat wave here now! I woke up today and it's 12 out!! Woohoo!! Great job & stay warm!!

Leslie

Tara Bruening said...

Hope you will stop by and link up at Craftin Desert Divas “Winter” Linky Party.

Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute card Sonya! The colors are pretty and love the awesome jar! A perfect winter card design!

It's really cold here to! We actually are finally at -13 which isn't bad considering we had -25 just a couple days ago! They are saying we will be 20 above by Sunday! Yay...we won't know how to act-will feel like a heat wave! Stay warm my friend!

Happy Wednesday!
Sherrie K

Karon said...

Great post - brrrrr! here too ;-) Love the card and great that you are shopping your stash! I too must use up more of my scraps this year, before I create more !