Friday, August 9, 2013

Shootin' Hoops - layout made with Cricut All Sports

Hey everyone....I'm sharing a fun basketball layout today featuring a cut from Cricut "All Sports".  Do you have this cartridge?  I remember when I bought it, I was excited because the characters were not so "juvenile" and I thought I could use it as  my son gets a bit older for the sports that he plays.  My son plays basketball, football and you all know he races bicycles, so I *had* to have this cartridge.  And then I tried to use it....wowsers, are some of the cuts rather intricate.  So then it started to collect dust.  When I came upon these photos of my husband and son shooting hoops in our driveway, I knew I would have a lot of room on the page and decided to break out my All Sports cartridge.  Check out the result:

I cut the hoopster at 5.5 inches, and the face cuts were still too small to cut very clean.  No problem...I just dug out some Peachy Keen face stamps and found one the right size to work on my character.  It's cuter that way anyway.  Another treasure on this layout?  That yellow paper is adhesive backed cardstock that I picked up ages ago.  It was awesome for this page!  Oh, and the orange background is actually a piece of Halloween paper that is two sided.  The other side has pumpkins on it.  I received it as a RAK from my Cricut MB friend, Nancy, a long time ago.  Thanks, Nancy!  It was perfect for the backdrop of my page!

The title and the character are both from All Sports.   I'm throwin' down a challenge.  Find a cartridge that is hard for you to use and just get at it....you may end up with a real "winner" like I did on this layout!

Enjoy your day--hope you find some time to do something active today!



1 comment:

Karon said...

Great LO and I love the basket ball player. Have a great weekend.