Thursday, August 1, 2013

School Picture Scrapbook Layout

Hi Everyone!  It's Sonya from Sonya's Paper Trail here today with a scrapbook page that I'm showcasing at She's a Sassy Lady.  I create a scrapbook for my son for each school year, and I've traditionally used a school picture for the title page of each book.  My son will be starting fourth grade in one week, so I decided my post this month would be the page that I designed to kick off his fourth grade scrapbook album.  Check it out!

  
I will add his photo (5 by 7) to the navy blue photo mat.  

All papers and stickers that I used are from Echo Park's Paper and Glue scrapbook kit.  It comes with a ton of fabulous papers, two sticker pages and a couple of the paper sheets can be cut into journal boxes.  The box in the lower left corner of my page is one of those journal boxes--I will be adding my son's name, his school, the year and his teacher's name in that box. 


 The apples are stickers that came with this kit...aren't they cute?!  I used my Stampin' UP! pennant punch to make this banner.  I connected each pennant with a brad.  Does anyone else still love brads?  I know I do!
 
I had to add a title to my page, of course!  This "Read. Set. Go." cut is from the new Close To My Heart "Artbooking" Cricut Cartridge.  I set my machine to Real Dial Size and cut it at 1". 


Thanks for checking out my scrapbook page today.  I hope you have time to create something fabulous today!  And, a big thanks to Sheila for having me join her blog again this month.

Cheers!
Sonya



5 comments:

Karon said...

This is wonderful - I love the layout and the perfect wording! TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a wonderful page... I do love the colors and the banner is awesome! Hope you son has a great year.... I know you will have a blast scapping it. Thanks for sharing today at She's A Sassy Lady.

Lorri W. said...

Another great scrapbook page! Don't you just love Echo Park papers? Please share more projects using that new CTMH cartridge!

Sherrie K. said...

This is fabulous SOnya! Love the design of your layout! The papers are so fun and love the pennants and the fun border! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kristi Schurr said...

Love it! Very cute!