Monday, August 19, 2013

Make a wish

Hello everyone....back to a Monday morning.  We officially ended our bike race season.  I have to brag on my son for a minute....   This was his first season of racing as a USA Cycling Junior.  He's nine, but can race as a 10 year old because he turns 10 later this year.  He's progressed a lot this year, but yesterday he really raced well.  The course was a tough one, with a steep climb up a boat ramp on the circuit course.  He raced for 20 minutes and climbed that ramp probably 7 times during the event.  He hung onto the wheel of a stronger rider in front of him for much of the race.  Unfortunately, he crashed on a hard 180 degree turn, but he got up and finished his race really strong--despite having cuts on his leg and his seat was turned sideways.  He really showed a lot of grit and determination and finished in a respectable 4th place.  He earned a new bike computer as his 4th place prize.  So very thrilled for his effort yesterday!  And...he kept riding his bike much of the day so he could see other races from other vantage points.  By the end of the day, he had ridden 30 miles!  Awesome!!

On to today's card.  I'm pretty proud of this one, it turned out like I envisioned it in my head!

I tried to match a bird to the sweet birdie paper!

Materials used:
Cardstock: SU
Patterned Paper: Echo Park
Cricut: Elegant Edges and Art Philosophy
Stamps: PTI Mega Mixed Messages
Other: Pearl, Piercer, sponge for inked edges

Thanks for popping by today! 

Challenge entered: Bitten By the Bug 2 - birds

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Your card is adorable!! I love the papers you used and I love that bird! I almost used this bird myself. lol Congrats to your son as well, what a trooper he was and wow, 4th place, that is so awesome!!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

Lorri W. said...

Such a pretty card and a huge congratulations to your son. What a great accomplishment!

Leslie said...

great card!! this gives me some ideas of what to do with my bird papers!!!

Karon said...

This is so pretty - love the papers! Congratulations to your son - 30 miles wow!

Sharon said...

What a fabulous card Sonya!! I love this bird cut and the great bg papers! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Bird' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

Caroline said...

I just love the pretty soft colors. The papers are so pretty and I love your card design. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

shelly said...

such a pretty card, love the bird and the birdie paper :) thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 :)