Thursday, April 18, 2013

Muslin Keepsake Bag...for the beach!

Hi Everyone!  It's Sonya from Sonya's Paper Trail here today with a super cool, beach inspired project that I designed just for Dr. Phil Scraps.  When we go to the beach, my son always finds little treasures he likes to pick up--seashells, sand dollars and such.  I thought he might like to have a little keepsake bag to put his treasures in for the trip home.  

Check out my project for today:

  
There's a lot of great Close To My Heart goodies featured in this project today.  All the stamps I used are from the Bright Sunshiny Day stamp set (D1538).

I started by using one of the Muslin Drawstring Bags (Z1822), which I stamped shells and starfish from the Bright Sunshiny Day stamp set in a random pattern.  I then took a sponge and inked the edges of the bag, just to age it a bit.

For the decoration, I stamped the car onto a circle cut, and inked the edges of that piece, too.  The starburst shaped brown piece is a cut from Art Philosophy (Page 61, cut at 2 3/4").  I made a ribbon shape from some patterned paper I had on hand and stamped the saying directly onto the patterned paper.  Here's a quick tip: don't be afraid to stamp on patterned paper.  It adds a lot of dimension to your project--just make sure the paper is light and your ink is fairly dark so it's visible!  I inked the edge of my ribbon piece then assembled those pieces to look like a ribbon that might be found at your local county fair.  I used one of the Mini Clothespins (Z1815) to attach the ribbon I made to the Muslin Drawstring Bag.  It will be the perfect little beach keepsake bag, don't you think?!

Thanks for stopping by today....hope you have a day filled with creativity!

Cheers,
Sonya







3 comments:

Karon said...

This is wonderful - I love the car stamp!! TFS

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, how cool is this:) The bag is amazing and what a fun idea for your son to have a place for his treasures:)
Great job!
Sherrie K

Kristi said...

wow! Great project!