Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tea Pot or Jeanie's Lamp? You decide.

Hi everyone....hope you are having a relaxing weekend.  A few days ago, I started to clean out my "big blue tub o' scraps" and realized I had some nice paper in there that would make great cards.  I got distracted from finishing the cleaning job, but went on to make four cards.  I made two of this design that I'm sharing today and two other similar cards that I'll share soon.  Check this version out:


The reason I titled my blog post today is that I know this is a teapot.  The name of the stamp set is, after all, Tea Time by CTMH , but this particular tea pot reminds me of a jeanie's lamp for some reason.  Perhaps I should have found a "make a wish" stamp--that would have been clever!  I'll have to remember that for the future when I ink up this stamp set!   The paper is from my scrap bin.  The medallion I stamped inside of is from Cricut Elegant Edges.  I used my Cameo to make a file tab to stamp the sentiment on--and the sentiment is by PTI.  I used an SU embossing folder, sponged the edges using Not Quite Navy Ink and added a Prima Flower.  The navy against that sky blue are so pretty!

That's all I have for you today.  Make it a fabulous weekend!



4 comments:

Love That Bug said...

Sonya,
Super cute. I love the dots and stripes together. Great job
Now get back to that "big blue tub o' scraps" LOL
Hugs, Stacy

Kristi said...

So cute Sonya! It looks like a teapot to me! Good luck going through your scraps: I did mine about a year ago and recycled 2 bags! Have a great weekend!

Tanya/Nonna said...

hhmmmm.....because I used to have a "blue kitchen", I'm going with teapot! Although, I can totally see Jeanie's lamp also...lol! I do love all the pretty shades of blue and sweet patterns you used. This is a lovely card!

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute card Sonya! Looks like a teapot to me but it could also be a Jeannie's lamp to:) The polka dot paper looks awesome-lovin' the blue! Great card my friend!
Have a great wknd!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com