Friday, April 27, 2012

Get Well Mug

Hi Everyone....I have a "get well" card to share with you today.  I have used this stamp set a few times before and for me, it's a "no fail" set.   It's easy to use and whatever I make with it has been something I've been happy with.  I have a few sets like that, then I have others that I can't seem to create with at all, do you have any like that?  I'm in a re-stocking phase of my cards right now.  I'm short on Get Well, Thank You and Birthday cards, so you might see quite a few of those in the coming weeks.  Check out today's creation:

I started with a Kraft card base.  I think it pairs well with the soft pinks in the patterned papers (from "A Happy Heart). I used my Mugs & Kisses Stamp Set by GinaK for the mug and tea tag.  Do you see a little faux stitching happening?  It's a stamp from "Stitchery Doo" by SP&Company.  I tried sewing on my cards once.  It didn't go well.  I swore a little.  Then I went online and got me Stitchery Doo and things were much better in my crafty life as far as my attempts at sewing went.

I love this feather.  Feathers are a fun touch, but I end up covered in little tiny feathers after digging in the bag so find one the right size/color.  I'm sure the other moms at school wonder what I do during the day to end up with feathers stuck in my hair. *snort!*

And yes, there's a cut from Cricut on this card, too.  The shape behind the mug is from Elegant Edges.  I have gotten my money's worth out of that cartridge!

Ok....so I'm going to be taking a little project break over the weekend.  I have family coming in town and won't have time to be an active blogger, so I'm going MIA project-wise for a couple of days.  Please come back by on Monday though....I'm participating in the FCCB Cricut Crawl and I will have a giveaway on my site.  It will be worth it, I promise. :)



3 comments:

Lorri W. said...

Very pretty...LOVE those papers!

Tanya/Nonna said...

Sweet card Sonya! I love the mat you created for your mug. And that feather is such a cute, fun touch, love it. Now you've got me smiling as I wonder what the "other Moms" must think about how you spend school hours...lol!

Sherrie K. said...

Great colors on this card and awesome design! You crack me about about the stitching...I don't dso well with the sewing machine either.
I love the cute feather to-very clever! Enjoy your weekend my friend and we'll see ya on Monday for the cricut crawl!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com