Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Take Time To Celebrate!

Hi Everyone....wow, what gorgeous weather we have had.  I have to admit something.  It's been so nice that I have been keeping clear of my scrapbook room.  I know...hard to believe, but I've been drawn to the outdoors.  My bike has been calling my name--and I've said "sure, why not!".  So some of my projects I'll be sharing I actually made a long time ago.  Some were unsuccessful attempts at being published, others were just fun projects I never got around to sharing in a timely manner for one reason or another.  If I have forgotten what paper I used or the stamp I used, forgive me.  Sometimes life just happens, right?!

This past weekend, race season started for my husband.  Normally this first event is cold.  And windy.  And fairly miserable...but not this year!  It was sunny and warm and yes, I got my first sunburn of the year.  Gads!  In March, can you believe it?!  It was a great event and we had a wonderful time hanging out with his teammates and their families.  My son enjoyed the playground with another racer's son--a great day, indeed!  We left the race venue and drove about 2 hours north to see an NBA game.  It was a first for our little boy--he loved every minute of it!  The Pacers played the NY Knicks.  Pacers lost--boo!  But it was fun getting to see Jeremy Lin, the latest sensation in the NBA!    While we were in the "big city" we did some shopping.  All of us got some new bike gear--and we passed right by Archivers, but nope....I didn't feel the need to step inside.  Oh I would have loved to shop, but I don't really need anything right now and I was feeling better about saving a few bucks then shopping just for the sake of shopping.   Are you awake?  I've rambled a lot....how about we get on with the card!

This is a card I made quite awhile back.....and I submitted it for publication, but was sadly not accepted.  Hmpf. *wink*

It's a birthday card, featuring a sentiment by SP&Company stamps.


And a great little birdie from Cricut 3 Birds on Parade.  Notice the icing on the cupcake?  It's done with Liquid Applique.  Love that stuff!

And this is the whole card.  It makes me happy, despite not being picked!!  

I hope you have a super, duper, awesome day!   (Can you tell I wrote this post after a bike ride?  I think I still have tons of adrenaline running through me or something?!)

Challenge Entered: Birthday Sundaes--Animals

3 comments:

Beckie said...

Very sweet and pretty. Love it.

Be blessed, Beckie

Diane said...

I love the papers and colors you picked for the bird. They are so nice and soft, and make the bird look so sweet!

Cindy said...

Your card is sooo SWEET!:)